Tuesday, April 29, 2014

CAJ #3: Introduction

Hey everyone,

Welcome to my Current Affairs Journal. As I heard about STEM and this project we are going to spend quite some time researching information about, I immediately knew which topic I am going to write about. 

I chose the highly controversial topic of Space Exploration because I have been always fascinated in what is happening outside the borders of our planet. I always wanted to know more about the whole idea of getting to know the space and its secrets and, more importantly, how it can benefit mankind. I informed myself roughly and became even more interested. To really get absorbed in this topic, I chose Space exploration to be my CAJ. But what is Space exploration? In short, space exploration is the ongoing discovery and exploration of outer space though the use of space technology. While the study of space is carried out mainly by astronomers with telescopes, the physical exploration of space is conducted both by unmanned robotic probes and human spaceflight. It is also enormously important since it aids the advancement of scientific research, unites different nations, and guarantees the potential survival of humanity.

2 comments: