Monday, May 12, 2014

CAJ #6: My very excellent mother just served us nachos


Hey everyone,

As you probably know from my first posts I chose to write about space exploration for ma Current Affairs Journal.

The solar system consists of the Sun; the eight official planets, at least three "dwarf planets", more than 130 satellites of the planets, a large number of small bodies (the comets and asteroids), and the interplanetary medium.



The inner solar system consists of the Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars.


The planets of the outer solar system are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune (Pluto is now classified as a dwarf planet)



Memorizing all the planets around our sun can be done easily. There are various funny ways of how to remember the order of the planets in our solar system. I, for myself, am an audiotory learner and remembered them by singing a song. :P Singing a song with a certain melody, helps me to remember things better.

My              M= MERCURY
Very            V = VENUS
Excellent     E = EARTH
Mother        M = MARS
Just            J = JUPITER
Served       S = SATURN
Us              U = URANUS
Nachos      N = NEPTUNE

Those are the eight planets that can be seen with a small telescope.

Some of you may think that I forgot to mention Pluto, but no, Plut is not a planet. It has been decided that Pluto should be classified as a dwarf planet, which is a category distinct from regular planets.

1 comment: