Friday, October 11, 2013

The European Union - Five related topics

1.) Environment within the EU (EAP)
A topic that, to my mind, is becoming increasingly important, is the EU related to the environment. Pollution is a serious issue worldwide, but why do we need environmental policy? I read a number of articles and have dealt with this subject a few times so it seems to be just the right topic for me. It would be challenging and exciting to find out how the EU deals with pollution and how they are connected to environment protection. What are they doing in order to protect our planet? Are they doing anything? Are there any programs/organizations to stand up against pollution? Are there any events arranged in behalf of the environment?
I would like to write about the environmental protection in the EU because this is a topic that has always been of great importance for me. It fascinates me how some people put all their effort in protecting our planet and their dedication truly touches me. I am thinking about much more that my academic paper will cover, but this is just a little foretaste. I am working on a draft for my work and I will try to focus on one specific topic I want to dwell on.

2.) The EU and Croatia
As I was thinking about some possible topics for my academic paper related to the EU, the first thought that crossed my mind was the newest and youngest member of the EU - Croatia. I was thinking about what could actually be interesting for me and due to the fact that my parents were born in Croatia and I am a Croatian citizen, it would pretty sure be the most interesting topic for me. It would be exciting to find out, what's the background behind Croatia becoming a member of the EU, as it is my home country. In this topic I am planning to analyze why it had become a member? What criteria have to be fulfilled in order to become a member state? Why did they want to become a member? Has something changed since then? If yes, what? If not, why? Are there going to be great changes? When will the "Kuna" be replaced by the "Euro"? Will they be able to adopt the Euro as its currency?

3.) Campaign for 2014
The focus on the coming year 2014 is the wealth of families and their work-life balace. The year is designated as the European Year for Reconciling Work and Family Life. The COFACE stand up for equality, aim to ensure work family life balance, improve social integration and address child and fimily poverty. These are all very interesting topics to be concerned with. In my academic paper I would like to present the aims of this organization, their current process and answer some important questions some might have on this campaign.

4.) Abortion law within the EU
The abortion law is regulated by law all over the world and is of great importance for woman. Since I have dealt with this topic over the summer (it was one of my KGP topics), I would really like to write my academic paper about it to acquire even more knowledge about this interesting topic. How is abortion regulated by law in the countries within the EU? Are they same in every country? Why is the abortion law so restrictive in Ireland, even though Ireland is in the EU?

5.) Jobs in the EU 
It is well known that it is not so easy to gain and keep a job in Brussels for instance. How "good" do you have to be, to be able to work for the EU? Even though I would like to start with EU jobs in general, in this topic I will especially refer to the translation jobs within the EU, as this will probably be my future job. Which languages are in high demand? How can someone get such a great job as a translator?



These are my five topics that I've chosen. I've come up with some ideas how to make a structure but I am still kinda undecided which topic is the most interesting and suitable for me. It is not easy to decide which topic I want to write about in my academic paper due to the fact that the EU is an environment that inspired me with a incredible amount of great ideas. Please let me know which topic you like the best! Thanks ;)


15 comments:

  1. Hi monika! I really like all of your topics they are interesting and worthreading. I personally think that it might be a good idea to write either about the abortion law in the EU or about the EU and Croation, especially the last one I think is perfect for you since you are from Croatia ;) here are also two links which might help you in connection with these two topics:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/18/us-eu-croatia-idUSBRE98H0BY20130918
    http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/Life-stages/sexual-and-reproductive-health/activities/abortion/facts-and-figures-about-abortion-in-the-european-region

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your honest opinion and the useful links! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Monika! I also enjoyed reading your topics as I can relate to some of them myself :) I also think you should decide between abortion law and the EU and Croatia. Regarding the latter one: You seem to be very bound up with your home country and I believe it will be easy for you to really get to the bottom of this topic and write an amazing paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The safest way and both women do abortion herself until the age of 12 weeks of pregnancy is by taking two medications: Mifepristone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tindakan menggugurkan kandungan adalah keputusan yang sangat sulit , jika anda tidak ada pilihan untuk berdiskusi dengan pelayanan kesehatan atau dokter , Kami menasehatkan untuk membicarakannya dengan teman baik atau anggota keluarga . Apabila anda perempuan yang masih muda , bicarakanlah tentang situs obat aborsi

    ReplyDelete
  5. cara menggugurkan hamil kandungan dengan cepat dan akurat terbukti ampuh untuk melunturkan janin kehamilan muda 1 minggu hingga 1 , 2 , 3 dan 4 bulan
    obat penggugur kandungan adalah suatu bentuk proses berakhirnya kehamilan dengan dikeluarkannya janin ( fetus ) atau embrio sebelum memiliki kemampuan untuk berkembang dan bertahan hidup diluar rahim , sehingga bisa menyebabkan kematiannya pada janin
    Disini akan kami beritahukan kepada Anda langkah cara cepat menggugurkan kandungan dengan cepat dan selamat adalah KURET dan obat aborsi
    Kunyit memang tidak di baik di konsumsi oleh ibu hamil yang sedang hamil muda sehubungan dengan sifatnya untuk melancarkan haid , dan di percayai sebagai obat telat datang bulan
    cara cepat hamilmemang menjadi suatu informasi yang sangat penting untuk di ketahui Jika Anda dan pasangan berencana untuk memiliki momongan secepatnya setelah menikah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thank you for the information and articles you provided

    ReplyDelete
  7. cara menggugurkan kandungan mungkin jadi pilihan terakhir bagi sang Ibu, Karena keputusan ini sangat tidak mudah yang penuh resiko tinggi dan yang perlu di ketahui di Indonesia hukum cara mengugurkan di atur berdasarkan UU Nomer 36 tahun 2009 pasal 75 ayat (1) tentang kesehatan dan peraturan pemerintah Nomer 62 tahun 2014 tentang kesehatan reproduksi. Di dalam undang-undang tersebut ditanyakan bahwa cara mengugurkan kandungan di Indonesia dilarang untuk dilakukan setiap orang (tidak di izinkan).

    ReplyDelete