Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Homemade Apple Chips

Today I was craving for a snack while studying and I figured out why not make healthy chips? Are you asking yourself what I am talking about and how the hell chips can be healthy?! Well, continue reading and I will show you how ;)

Take two or three ripe apples (depends on how big they are).


First remove the core from the apple. 


Next cut the apples into round slices.


Apply baking paper on the baking sheet and place the apple slices on it.



Sprinkle the slices with cinnamon.





Preheat the oven to 100°C and bake the apple slices for one hour. Then remove them from the oven and flip them over. The apples will be floppy but don't worry, they will crisp up later.
Return the apple slices into the oven and bake for another hour. Turn the oven off and let cool completely inside the oven (this is when they will crisp up).
Once they've cooled, enjoy! This is perfect as a totally guilt free snack while studying ;)



There are various ways you can serve them. I also tried them with yogurt, cinnamon and cashews and I can totally recommend it!


3 comments: