Wednesday, March 13, 2013

HIP HOP

Hey guys =)

Since I am very into dancing and I like various types of dances I want to tell you something about them. I was dancing for four years Ballett in elementary school and for 6 years Hip hop.
"Hip hop is a subculture that originated from an African American community during the 1970s in New York City, specifically in Morris Heights, Bronx, then later spreas its influence to Latin American communities. While the term is often used to refer to hip hop music, in its broader sense hip hop culture is characterized by the five elements of rapping, Djing, breaking, graffiti & knowledge of self." (For more information check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop)

I took part in lots of competitions like the Austrian and even the European championship with my dance crew from the danceschool. For such a competition we have to get started with the trainings at least half a year before the competition. Even though the trainings are sometimes very hard and exhausting, it's a lot of fun. I can't describe the incredible and unforgettable feeling I have when I am standing on the stage an start to dance. My knees are shaky and I am very excited, nervous and hear my heart beating, but when I hear the first beats of the music I forget everyone and everything around me. I feel the music and start to dance and at that moment I don't want to leave the stage.


This is one of our performance. The name of the group was 'No Limits' :D
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment